6.3.10

My kids are sick and I want to drink heavily

Right, first blogity blog and I am hallucinating. Love kids. Mean it. Oy gafelt I am tired. Of cooking. And with the cleaning. The laundry is what does it. Seriously! Where are all these socks coming from? The lament of the housefrau. With a backbeat. No not NWA, more like a nice DJ Shadow, better, better. That's right, pick it up now. I'm talking about the freakin leggos get on it.

MN is nice. Really nice, like Twilight Zone nice. It's made me a nicer person. Which needed to happen. Gettin pretty sharp around the edges in Tucson. Well, everywhere really. Still like knives and guns and zombie mayhem. But also like to talk to people now that I actually might talk to again. It's interesting. Joined a book club and they haven't kicked me out yet! And are actually reading my book this time! It's working out. But I'm not. Stopped that caca - 3lbs a month was just not worth it for me to never eat another cupcake. We'll see how I feel once I see my fat ass in a swimsuit. Thank goodness Summer only lasts four days here.

Lola is crying ag...ain. Mitigated. With her fourth (!) entire glass of water. That's going to be a crazy diaper in the morning. I should go to bed, but why? This way pisses me off less. If I'm doing something fun, I can go in a be loving, thinking Mommy. Not Holy Jesus This Must End Or I Might Just Send! You! Back! Mommy. That Mommy is no. fun. And I miss hallucinating.

Tyler Campbell made me laugh really hard twice today. I think I just mentioned it in hopes that he'd read this, feel the pressure of me expecting the hilarity in his comments to get me through the day and get writer's block. hehe. That'll learn ya. I can't be mean to my kids or my husband or any of the nice people here because they just wouldn't get it, and the pressure of being kind all the time is really, really getting to me. Sorry Tyler. You always knew it would come to this.

I'm going to bed. Or I'm not. The illusion of control is just that. I've got to get Lola on another movie.

That was really funny and Orwellian scary - when I published this post, an ad for Ambien popped up. Never forget that they're watching.

2 comments:

  1. I like this..and not just because you mentioned me.
    Poop! - see, I didn't buckle under the pressure. Poop is always funny. I kill with that every time with Quinn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, I am SO psyched that you are blogging. In fact (and this is a true story) I just said, out loud, the other day "I really wish Dawn would blog--now that's a blog I would read!" NO SHIT! We love you in our little bookclub ;) And I just write a post on my All of the Above blog about how drinking vodka is going to get me through the terrible twos, so I can relate. Ugh. But now you have popped the blogging virgin cherry, so... that's good, right??

    ReplyDelete