30.3.10

Duplicate Entry

First, don't be a perv. Seriously. Second, this was a post to my Casa Grande Cougars of the 80's (1990 actually, but whatever) and I thought the rest of you might enjoy a trip haha down memory lane...

HOKAY... So, I escaped CG right after HS and moved to Tucson to go to college. I attended the U of A and graduated with two worthless BA's in History / Anthropology. No, wait, I'm 'well rounded', ahem. In college I skulked about with Stormy Wilcox (now Miller) and a bunch of other people you've never met, and embraced whole-heartedly the world of the mad clubber, crazy raver, and general 3am roustabout. We experienced all the zany shenanigans all college students (and a those a wee bit beyond) should, and came out the other end (relatively) unscathed. Except for Meghan and I still feel really bad about that honey. Anywho, I spent the summer after college backpacking and raving across Europe and got a big-girl job when I got back because I needed health insurance. Damn you Republicans! Damn you all to Hell! (Update: no other slacker partygirl will ever, ever! have to give up living the nomadic bohemian lifestyle in Europe, funded by sequestered student loans, just for health insurance again!! I am deeply grateful to those who made this a reality for future generations.) Right then, I worked in Marketing / Events / Communications for 10 years, got super bored, quit, and as I was always in love with blood and mayhem, went to nursing school. I was an ER RN at Tucson Medical Center because I'm a total adrenaline junky, and holy cow what a freak show! It was the most terrifying bliss I had ever experienced before agreeing to put my body through the birthing process. Yikes. Mike and I eloped to Kauai in July 2006 after dating for 6 years (baby steps! If CG didn't make you scared of marriage, you just weren't paying attention) and Lola, Queen of the Universe, came along October 2007, with Giovana, Empress of the The Garden following in April 2009. Mike graduated medical school (obviously) and got his Radiology residency at the Mayo Clinic (la-tee-freakin-da) and we moved to Minnesota in June 2007. I love it!! The people are so nice! It's just like being in New York, except the people aren't messing with you, they're really that nice. Children run around unattended because they can, and my garden is sick, sick, SICK! Ask me about datura martinis. They'll getcha. That's pretty much it thus far. Being a Mom is the best freaking thing ever and I rock the Domestic Goddess detail, I worry that Lola will figure out her true power before she can even put her shoes on by herself and Giovana's first phrase is going to be 'son of a syphilitic whore', etc., etc. The only thing that blows is getting knocked up this late in the game. My ass is gigantic and it's just not flying off like it used to. So sad! But, that's what personal trainers and salads are for honey. I'm accommodating :) You?

1 comment:

  1. I wish you would blog every day because my God you can make me laugh. I adore you!

    ReplyDelete